Thursday, June 24, 2010

Three Hummock Island Cake

Inspired by a stencil design on a biscuit recently I wondered if I could come up with a stencil to represent the island. John was happy to design and cut it from acetate. A chocolate cake (so the hills could show up) was made using my new springform cake tin (why didn't I buy one years ago? ). I used a recipe from Sally Wise's book "Out of the Bottle," a fellow Tasmanian. It was served with a chocolate ganache. We were having guests for afternoon tea so thought here we go and this is the result. I was very happy and so were our guests!

1 comment:

  1. Well Bev - loved the chat tonight! Thanks for the call and that cake looks perfect.....as usual! You know - I must try a spring-form pan again - haven't used one for years! Am still trying to fix that phone - but will continue with it once my IT skills improve! I hope I have managed to add this blog so i receive auto updates......Love to you both H&Pxxx

    ReplyDelete