I don't normally share recipes here but this one has caused a bit of interest ~ enjoy
2 X 250 g packets of cream cheese - softened
1/2 cup caster sugar + 1/4 cup extra
3 eggs, separated
1/4 cup milk
3 teaspoons gelatine
1/4 cup just boiled water
1/4 cup lemon juice
Berries and mint leaves to decorate
220 g NICE or shortbread type biscuits
125 g melted butter
- Grease and line a 23 cm round springform tin with baking paper.
- Base - Process biscuits in a food processor until fine crumbs form, with motor running pour in butter. Press crumbs firmly into base of pan. Chill 20 minutes.
- Use electric mixer, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup of sugar for 3-4 minutes, until smooth. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir milk through.
- Stir mixture over double boiler for 10 minutes.
- In a jug, dissolve gelatine in just boiled water, whisking with a fork. Stir gelatine mixture and lemon juice into cream cheese mixture, until well combined.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup of sugar until mixture is glossy
- Fold egg white mixture into cream cheese mixture. Pour over biscuit base. Chill for 2 hours or overnight until set.
- Decorate with berries and mint.